*This post is sponsored by Johnson’s Baby. All opinions are my own.
My family’s evening routine is something I rely heavily on to maintain balance between what needs to happen and spending time together each night. It can be really hectic trying to juggle schoolwork, extracurricular, supper prep/cleanup, housework, bath and the wind-down for bedtime. Thankfully, with a well established evening routine everything manages to get done because we are all so accustom to the order of our evenings.
If you haven’t yet implemented an evening routine, I strongly encourage it!
Here are some considerations for creating your own routine:
- After school fun! – Allowing children time to disengage from school and enjoy play proves so useful during the later part of the evening as they’re able to focus on schoolwork and chores.
- Fit in family time throughout the evening – Visit while supper is being made, have a dance party after supper, read a family story after bedtime. Little moments together as a family keep everyone feeling connected even when time isn’t plentiful.
- Keep suppers simple! – A quick search on Google and you will be able to find lots of nutritious, but also easy and fast to prepare meal options. Time saved on meal prep allows for more to get done in the evenings.
- Delegating tasks – Establish jobs and give responsibility to each family member. For example, in our home my husband and I make supper together and he handles cleanup while I focus on the bath routine.
An important component of our evening is winding our children down for the day through their bath time routine. Since our first baby, we’ve always used the JOHNSON’S® BEDTIME® line of bath products. I have found they work so well to create a calm environment, the scent is soothing and has such a relaxing affect. Equally as special, is the assurance of Johnson’s® gentle and tear free formula.
- JOHNSON’S® BEDTIME® baby bubble bath– A treat that I enjoy just as much as my children! Just 2-3 capfuls under running water and it’s bubble heaven!
- JOHNSON’S® BEDTIME® baby bath– Such a wonderfully lathering wash with the signature calming scent of the Bedtime line.
- JOHNSON’S® BEDTIME® baby lotion– The perfect way to complete a relaxing bath routine. This lotion works wonderfully for massaging babies and children; preparing them for a sound sleep.
Check out my Morning Routine here